Another round of Weekly Wishes! Zip-a-dee-doo-dah!
This week’s picture prompt is Celebration (in honor of Monja’s first birthday, I think! Happy birthday Monja!). I thought it only fitting to put up a picture of something Christmas-y since it’s one of my favorite holidays. I don’t know about you but Christmas is on my mind already. Bring on the cozy decor, festive songs, good food and company. Oh, and I could use a trip to Disneyland too. 😉
So you can probably tell from the lack of posts that we’ve been busy. My ultimate goal for this blog was to have consistent posts but I don’t think it’s possible with busy life going on and dozens of things to handle in the next few weeks so yes, the number of posts per week will go down to maybe 3-4 but don’t worry, you can still keep up with us on Twitter. We will, however, be back in full force when things settle down a bit.
Last week’s wishes were to:
1. Get things done. Eh? I should just take this off my list. I feel like I’m not going anywhere with this.
2. Write. I did get some actual writing done for half the week but then Microsoft Word swayed me and I’m back on the keyboard again. It felt good to hold a pencil though.
3. Reclaim my passion for art. It felt good to get support from everyone who commented last week so thank you. How did I do for this goal? I was actually more inspired this week. I started to look at things from different angles and it’s helping that Skye is my driving force whenever I’m lazy or discouraged.
By the way, it’s been weeks and my drawing hasn’t seen the light of day on this blog. Gomenasai! I hope to build up enough self-confidence to show my drawings to you soon enough.
This week’s wishes are:
1. Get back on track with my workouts. Dare I say I’ve been slacking? Yes, indeed. I’ve been slacking and watching TV during my usual workout time. Guilty! But I’mma step it up this week and watch TV after my workouts. Please, everyone, you have to watch Rurouni Kenshin. I have not been more in love with a show before. I have a post coming up on it but whether or not I finish it depends on how my second goal works out…
2. Finish all these drafts!! I swear I have 15 drafts to wrap up but I can’t seem to just write them out and end them. The posts will slow down but the least I can do is finish a couple, right?
3. Work on thinking of better responses to people. Why am I awkward? Why? Why? I feel like ‘I’m awkward’ is such a cliche, worn out phrase but I can’t think of anything else to describe me as when I talk to people I don’t really know/would like to get to know more. I always feel like my responses are so stiff and formal and in the back of my mind I’m afraid that I’ll be taken as serious or boring. But it’s not in my nature to get pally with people quickly. Um, this goes for comments and Twitter replies too. Does this even make any sense?
What do you think? Manageable or impossible? What are your weekly wishes? Don’t be afraid to tell me in the comment section even if you’re not participating in the link-up. If you choose to write your own post, link up with Melyssa. 🙂
Here are last week’s posts that you might have missed:
- I only just listened to this song again. It’s adorable.
- I wrote a guest post for Skye’s art series.
- Here are some cute Labradors swimming in the water.
- There is no fall here. Can you live without fall?
- Last but not least, an outfit worthy of wearing to Fashion Week in this week’s Fashionable Friday #7.
Wish me luck in taking on all the tasks to come! In return, I hope you stay fabulous and composed throughout the week!
By the way, if anyone can recommend a good site to get good rates on flights, please let me know. Thank you!