1. I stepped out of the house the other day and saw these tiny jasmine flowers on the ground. It took me back to my school days when I would stare at the tree from inside the car and admire its beauty. It was then that I realized how I’d been forgetting to take a look around me and admire the little things that I used to notice.
2. Water caltrops shown in a Japanese magazine. You may or may not have heard of it – we know it as the water chestnut here – but here’s the Wiki page. It’s fascinating and would make such a cool Halloween decor. This picture has two meanings – one, Skye is fascinated by these water chestnuts; two, I’m learning Japanese and I can read a couple of characters.
3. Christmas decor everywhere. I’m in the Christmas mood already. I don’t know about you but the Christmas atmosphere makes me all warm and fuzzy on the inside.
4. Our love. These days when I look at him, I feel a swell of emotion that I didn’t used to get. His arrival at our home was a complete surprise and it’s amazing to think that his presence has undoubtedly consciously and subconsciously affected us in so many ways. He’s a handful but I can’t imagine life without him.
1. Like I said in Monday’s post, I painted my nails neon yellow. Orly – Glowstick really packs a punch.
2. We found a build-your-own-gingerbread-house set at IKEA the other day. I’m a sucker for cute things like that but when I think about the gingerbread men I convinced my mom to get a couple of years ago, I remember all the reasons why a gingerbread house would be a waste of money. I don’t even like gingerbread and I would find the finished product too pretty to eat and in the end it would just go bad.
3. Sometimes all you need on a Christmas tree are ribbons and acorns. Minimalism at its best.
4. Potatoes, potatoes, potatoes!
5. I found this special edition Tiramisu-flavored Loacker Quadratinis at the grocery store the other day. Pretty cool, huh? I wonder what it tastes like. I LOVE Loacker. So OBSESSED with the chocolate wafers. I could eat a whole bag in a day (maybe, hehe).
6. Orchid in our garden. I think orchids are pretty but they’re not easy to maintain, are they? I don’t know, I’m not much of a green thumb.
By the way, how do you like my Photoshop skills aka the vintage filter? Pretty cool, eh?