1. We left for school early which came as a surprise because lately we’ve been spending our mornings karaoke-ing to Chemistry before leaving for school so we usually end up 5-10 minutes late.
Excuse for arriving late: sorry, I had to wait for Almost in Love to end.
Actually this morning we were listening to You Go Your Way which is obviously too amazing to stop midway.
We arrived early and scored the second parking spot of the row!! That’s a first! Slid right in like hot butter and got out.
Walked to our first class.
2. 50 minutes of utter boredom later, I was rushing to my next class for a test. I power-walked to my class like I always do and today I tried waiting for the elevator which is impossibly slow but I checked my watch and decided it would be faster to take the stairs.
I climbed up 3 flights of stairs and marched to my class. Before I stepped into class, I could already see that most of the seats were filled up. Ugh.
I walked in and my professor – who is the most patient lady ever – immediately called out to me and asked me to take a seat in front since there were no more seats.
Um, sitting at the very front of the class at an odd table facing the class is one of my favorite things ever (if the class is decent). While everyone had their little desk-chair-thingys, I had a long rectangular table to myself (and later some other guy).
It was only after I sat down that I realized what was strange.
My professor, whose office hours I’ve been going to quite regularly to get help on homework for, called me by my given name.
She called my name so casually that it just floated over my head. But it’s WEIRD because nobody has ever called me by my given name so casually or smoothly. She’s also somehow even gathered that the second part of my first name is NOT my middle name.
Amazing. It’s a pleasant surprise. Isn’t it nice when someone bothers to call you by your name without giving crappy excuses?
The test wasn’t bad but with any kind of mathematical tests, I usually always doubt my answers after I’m done.
3. Because of the test, I came out way earlier than expected and had to wait for my sister. I wondered what to do for the time being. I walked into two buildings to look for a table where I could study but none.
I ended up sitting down at a table at another building but I barely sat for 3 minutes before deciding to head over to the chemistry stockroom to check if they had any lab coats.
4. A leisurely stroll in the windy weather later, I found myself in front of the stockroom which had an ugly blue handwritten sign saying OUT FOR LUNCH, BE BACK AT xPM.
I didn’t want to wait for a whole hour so I walked away. Where to go now? I wound up at a little shady corner by a classroom where I had a class last semester.
5. I put my bag down and played a few rounds of Sudoku while a lovely breeze drifted past continuously. When I was tired, I looked up and something caught my eye.
It was a squirrel in a leafless tree.
I watched the squirrel mess around and dangle from the branches for a few minutes and then I thought to myself, nature is so beautiful.
And almost cried. Seriously. What is up with me? Lately I’ve been finding joy in all the nature around me and it makes me emotional, I don’t know why.
6. My sister’s class ended so we headed home… And on the way back, I said, uh there’s nothing for lunch -____-
I’ve been a slob lately. I haven’t been on top of this week’s menu and it’s only Tuesday. Which means there’s still time to commandeer the ship to smoother waters haha.
Seriously though, we’ve had Korean instant noodles for lunch for the past two days.
We wanted to get Chinese takeout but in the end drove past Burger King and saw that they had a 2 for $5 deal for their fish burgers. I don’t know about you but fish burgers are tasty.
McDonald’s here is different – too much bacon and ranch in everything. Burger King has been our go-to of late (and we rarely even have fast food these days) but not so much since we found out that they took the Mushroom Swiss burger off their menu.
What is wrong with you, Burger King? That mushroom burger was the whole reason we even started going to BK.
Anyway, the Spicy Big Fish that we had wasn’t too bad. It wasn’t spicy but it was decent.
7. It’s been a mellow day of discovering more Chemistry songs that we like. In 1 month, we’ve accumulated at least 50 new songs.
I’ve said this once but I’ll say it again: if Chemistry gets back together, we are so going to their concert.
Here, have some pictures in the middle of a post:
The bird-of-paradise that my sister mentioned in her post.
Vibrant flowers on campus that I adore looking at.
‘This angle is better.’ The chipmunk said when I aimed my camera at him.
I can’t believe he/she stood so still for me to get a picture. Little fella, you’re awesome.
Said fish burger.
Other things that have been on my mind:
1. I’m reading Gangsta. the manga. I don’t know where to put all these emotions and inspirations I’m getting from it. The two main characters are endlessly fascinating and the girl too.
It makes me think about humans and relationships and the complexity of both. Come to think of it, 99% of the manga I’ve read are brilliant. They are well-written as much as they are thought-provoking.
2. My friend recently submitted some of her poetry to a site and it’s gotten quite a bit of positive feedback. I’m happy for her. At the same time, I started to beat myself up over my lack of courage all these years to share my work with others.
I’ve been writing since I was 7 but I haven’t published anything that I’ve written. ‘You’re crap’ is what I think to myself when I think about sharing my writing. ‘You’re not good enough.’
I know I’ve read things about writers often experiencing this ‘your writing is not good enough’ thing but I think it’s a bit more than that for me because I also suffer from poor self-esteem.
Yay me. It’s a shitty feeling.
3. Then I confessed my crappy feelings to my sister who obviously is my sister for a reason. AND SHE KNEW THAT I WAS FEELING DOWN.
No wonder she kept asking me: why? what are you doing? why so quiet?
And I kept telling her nothing.
And in the end when I told her, she was like, I knew it. I knew something was off about you.
But yeah. Long story short, she gave me the dose of self-esteem I needed back after all those feelings. We had a long and deep conversation about feelings.
And at the end of the conversation, she said: Remember, I’m your number one fan fo-evar.
Dammit. I’m going to cry in the bathroom now.
But first, a bonus,
Bonus: my mom sent me an IM saying: hello lil me. And I was like, why? My mom said: because you look like me and cook like me. If that is not the best compliment I’ve gotten so far, I don’t know what is.
My mom is my hero. And I hope that I’m hers too.
Happy Tuesday… Or Hump Day since it’s already almost Wednesday. Keep doing you, whoever you are.