Happy Monday everyone!
Today’s picture prompt is ‘hobbies‘ and what better time and picture to announce my one true love to the world? Reading and writing make up a huge chunk of me and without either of them, I don’t think I would be the person I am today. Reading and writing are my ways of escaping reality and creating my own realities. Does that not sound like the best thing ever? For me, there is no one without the other.
Those are just the books Skye and I have been hooked on for, hmm, two years and counting. It started out with me finding that copy of The Last Assassin under a pile of books and thinking to myself, ‘excellent, new reading material’. Long story short, after we finished reading The Last Assassin, it was hello mystery/thriller aisle, goodbye romance aisle!
Barry Eisler is a brilliant writer and his John Rain series is one of a kind but(!) Rain’s personality is questionable. David Baldacci and Robert Crais are right up there as our favorite mystery/crime/thriller authors. You have no idea how many times we’ve reread The Watchman. Eisler, Baldacci and Crais each have their own unique writing style and you know how I adore seeing different writing styles.
Oh, then there’s The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas which is mind-blowingly good. You have to read it. Well, you don’t HAVE to but you might as well because the plot if wonderfully complex and brilliantly-written. My all-time favorite classics are The Three Musketeers, Anne of Green Gables and probably Little Women since it’s my mom’s favorite classic. What are yours?
See what the topic of reading and writing can do to me? I meant to write a brief paragraph about the picture but ended up saying much more. I’ll stop here before it becomes a full-blown post on my favorite books.
How did last week’s wishes go?
1. Redeem coupons. Bleh, no.
2. Cheer Skye on for her exams and try not to distract her. Check! Well, if you don’t count making her start watching K with me. K has been really good so far, by the way.
3. Scan in more of my drawings. Check!
4. Reply to my friend’s messages and Mallory’s email. Check!
5. Look for a good site to learn Japanese. Check!
6. Stop being so lazy when it comes to working out. Half-check! 😛
This week’s wishes are:
1. Focus more on my nail blog. Juggling two blogs… hasn’t been easy. I didn’t create a new blog to let it slide so this week I’mma put effort into blogging and connecting more.
2. Look up some winter wear fashion. Yup, if you’ve got any advice on how to dress for winters, I’ll be glad to hear it.
3. Continue my search for more good shows. Recommend, folks. Whatever the language, as long as it’s good and has subtitles (for non-English shows), we’re game. Skye and I have watched French and German movies among other shows in foreign languages. The movies were surprisingly good even though the subtitles were terrible. One of these days I’ll start on the Japanese drama that Mallory recommended. Let’s just face it – I am a TV buff.
4. Find ways to stop procrastinating so much. Suggestions?
Eh, can’t think of any more good goals for this week so I guess this’ll have to do. If I think of any more and manage to complete them, I’ll include them in next week’s post. Join in on this uber fun and motivational link up. Link up with Melyssa.
What else? Oh, wait for either Part 2 of my Hakuouki Reimeiroku review or Skye’s review. Yeah, we both enjoyed it so much that we each wrote a post on it. Also, I’m guest-posting for Skye’s art series tomorrow, yay! I’m uncertain whether or not to post up more of my drawings but we’ll see.
About Christmas… Who’s excited?! I’ve started painting my nails all Christmas-colored. I know some of you have started Christmas shopping but what else? What Christmas prep have you started doing?
Okay, well, I think that’s it from me. Ace this week, folks!