I love ‘random things about me’ tags so obviously when Bailey did it, I enjoyed reading her answers very much and decided I would pinch it from her and do it as well.
And I figured you know, it’s about time to tell y’all a bit more about myself. I don’t know if we have any new readers who would like to get to know us a bit but anyway here goes:
1. Our first concert would have been Westlife but we were too young (I think I was 7). And now they have disbanded and we have never seen them live. Yes, it’s a bit sad.
2. Things I’m not too crazy about: coffee. Really. Everyone I know likes coffee (or is a caffeine addict) and I’m just here like, no. Once upon a time, I had iced coffee and had a bad brain freeze. The end. Okay, to be fair, nowadays I’m okay with sips of coffee but otherwise I just don’t drink. Which makes me not one of those folks who say they can’t start their days without coffee.
3. When people ask me what time is bedtime and I say 10pm, people give me the WTF ARE YOU A CHILD look. Or they go, WOW I could never do that. My mom trained us to sleep early, rise early. Can I throw in a #WINNING and #SUPERHEROMOM here? I think I will. Okay #coolkidssleepat10pm.
4. I am horribly picky about the way I like my instant noodles. If you volunteered to make instant noodles for me, you’d probably have to be certified by me beforehand. No, seriously. As of now, only my mom can make instant noodles for me.
5. I have never been to a club before. Haha. I’m the uncoolest kid on the block and I don’t even care.
6. I think people who can braid their own hair have secret magic powers. Because I can’t. This would fall under the category of not being an adult.
7. My mom is the coolest person I know. She lets me borrow her clothes, she’s been a sport about going to concerts with us (and even watched all the Simple Plan videos we made her watch when we were nuts about them), she drives us everywhere (and followed me to the driving test center which is located in some shady as heck place far far away in goodness knows where and waited the whole day until I was done), she’s an amazing singer + cook, she inspired me to read and write, and come on, who the heck would I be right now without her? Also, my mom braids my hair.
8. While I don’t have a driver’s license, I am a kickass golf buggy driver.
9. I read all the books I buy even the sucky ones that I regret buying. I don’t understand people who buy 20 books and only manage to read 5 but the next time a sale rolls around, they hoard 20 more books. I’ve just been seeing posts like this around a lot and just want to ask, When are you ever going to finish those books? How do you pick books? Why don’t you finish reading the books you already have before buying new ones? Because I would want to DEVOUR the books ASAP. And I do. I will literally give the new books a wipe then start on one immediately.
10. I will not pay $3.50 for Pocky.
11. I used to play golf. Aha! Bet you didn’t know that. Classy as frick, right? We took lessons, had mini clubs and all that snazzy shiz, wore polo shirts and slacks, spent hours under the hot sun, hated it, eventually quit. There went my chance of being a mini Phil whats-his-name. Okay, I only know Sergio Garcia.
12. I am a dishwasher singer. I sing when I do the dishes. At one point, it was night after night of Maroon 5 – Out of Goodbyes. Now I sing when I mop the floor. Basically I sing when I do chores.
13. I took Mandarin lessons. I retain 1% of what I learned in the few years that I attended classes. I speak it okay, understand it well, read and write nil. But those lessons are coming in handy now that I’m learning Kanji. Score!
14. I am NOT a speed car person in any way. This was inspired by a picture of a Bugatti that someone posted on Fb saying it’s gorgeous and stuff. Since I was young, I’ve always favored monster trucks over flashy fast cars.
15. I often forget to reply to messages/emails/tweets/texts and for that I apologize.
16. I LOVE snow!! Hate me, love me, I don’t care. We didn’t get enough snow days here.
17. My heart belongs to a college town in California.
18. Skinny jeans are not for me. Even if the whole world wears them, you will not catch me in them. I don’t know how people do it but it is just not for me. They’re suffocating.
19. I believe in compassion and empathy.
20. I also believe in quality toilet rolls and pillows.
21. I currently identify myself as an otaku. Nothing to be ashamed of.
22. I have never fit into any cliques and probably never will but it’s fine.
23. At some point, I was obsessed with Missing You by John Waite. I listened to it on repeat any chance I could get. I still love it very much.
24. One of my favorite movies of all time has to be Waitress. If you have watched it, let me know how you liked it.
25. Teasing Skye is my secret hobby. She will laugh when she reads this.
26. I’m excited for Game of Thrones season 4. I was trying to write a post about this but it has since… stalled. So I’ll throw it in here. Who are your favorite GoT characters (because you can’t just give one)? I love Jamie, Brienne, Tyrion, Jon Snow (that perpetual sulky face though), Arya, Jorah and Daenerys duh. If you have the books, be a dear and lend them to me haha.
27. I would like a jigsaw puzzle set for my birthday this year. Something like this.
28. I also would like a Minnie Mouse cake for my birthday this year as I have failed to get one for the past 2 years. A Minnie Mouse drawn with piping jelly ONLY like this. I don’t want printed Minnie Mouse or a 3D Minnie cake. I’ve been searching high and low for cake stores that still do piping jelly but… but there are none. 🙁
29. I’m secretly 3 years old at heart.
30. I could really use a peach Danish pastry right now. You have NO idea how much I LOVE peach Danish pastries… But I haven’t eaten it in a long time.
And that sums up the end of this tag. This somehow turned into a whole essay, didn’t it? I should’ve thrown that in: have a tendency of turning everything into a story.
So now I tag you! If you do do it, tweet me so that I can hop over and read your random facts. 🙂 No, you don’t have to do 30 but if you do, awesome.