Here they finally are – leopard print nails ala Spuddy Buddies. I actually did these nails three times – two times in the past week but since I forgot to take pictures of how I achieved this design, I did it again today. For this design, I only used skewers and toothpicks.
1. First, I applied the base coat.
2. Then I applied one coat of white polish. If your polish is streaky, two coats should do the trick. I didn’t have time to do two coats for the tutorial since I was rushing this post so I used one coat. I usually use two coats.
3. Place a blob of nail polish onto a piece of paper.
4. Use a skewer to draw irregular shaped blotches onto your nail to create the print pattern.
Here you can see the colors that I used to create the irregular print shown in the picture before step 3.
I know the red-pink polish looks orangey in the picture but it’s actually the same color as the font. The black polish was used to create the surrounding pattern around the print. Scroll down and you’ll get a better picture of what I did with these colors.
These are just the skewers that I used.
5. After you’ve made the irregular blotches on your nail, use black polish to draw the surrounding print. You can either create brackets around the color or outline the whole irregular print. Just fill in the awkward empty space between the prints with irregular-shaped prints. Remember, you don’t have to outline the prints perfectly.
This is the design on my left hand that I wore yesterday and the days before.
And this is the design on my right hand. I kinda cleaned my cuticles a bit but you can see that the right hand wasn’t done so well.
As usual, leave your comments/questions/suggestions/requests in the comment box and I will get back to you. And if you’re wearing a design, tell me as well. I’d love to know what design you’re wearing.
I’m thinking of doing Keroppi nails next or maybe redoing Domo nails. I’ve done Domo nails twice before and they are uber cute. Hahah, just realized that Keroppi, Domo and Totoro are all Japanese fictional characters. Why yes, maybe I am a bit in love with Japanese things.
Uhhh, wait. Isn’t 4th of July next week?! I guess I’ll be doing 4th of July nails then. We’ll see. Okay, I can’t decide.
Until next week then.