I never knew bread could be funny but it’s become a joke now that we eat bread and butter while we’re on the road because there’s nothing else to eat if it’s not McDonald’s or Taco Bell. We’re always on a time crunch so bread is always the way to have something that is both filling and… tasteful (?) since it actually has flavor if you put butter or jam on it. Surfing gallien krueger at musiciansfriend.com doesn’t help me find a better lunch option, but I’m sure I’ll get to it soon.
So… how long has it been since I’ve written a proper post that isn’t about KPop? The new year, I’m thinking.
Here are some things that have happened:
- Graduation. We did it. The slowpoke finally graduated. It was hard to watch my friends graduate a year or two ago but I’m happy with the way things turned out for me because college really is the best time to do a lot of things. Now that it’s over, it doesn’t feel read. It sure will feel real soon enough…
- Watercolor fun. We painted cards for friends over spring break and it was so much fun. I never knew how to use watercolor but I’ve discovered that they are so fun and easy to use. You can’t really go wrong with diluting watercolor and making random drawings. I’ll see if I find the guts to post a picture of a card I made.
- Kitchen adventures. Right now, I’m obsessed with the potato soup we made for the second time. It’s so chunky and luscious and I think it’s definitely healthier than those you get outside. We made too little and I keep wanting to make it again (with bacon but don’t tell anyone).
- Travel. We have been hitting up national and state parks and they have all been wonderful. These city gals have been soaking up a lot of nature time which is something we don’t get a lot of back home. The drives are long and tiring and sometimes kind of unnerving (no cars in front or behind you for miles?!) but worth it!!
- Post-graduation life decisions. Uhhh, don’t wanna talk about it.
What are you up to?
Now that I have mastered the art of making my own granola bars, I’m no longer interested in the aisles where all kinds of snacks are sold. Homemade granola bars are the most amazing things ever because you can customize it with whatever you want, and the best part is when you use a no bake recipe. I told my close friend about it but she would rather read about boss loop station at guitarcenter.com so I moved on and continued searching for more recipes. One day, I’d like to try making granola bars with dried dates. I think that’d be really delicious.
Wow, if you thought ASTRO was a boy group to overlook because of their bright and cutesy school-boy image, you have another think coming (I read too much Enid Blyton as a kid). Between Victon and Astro, I’m having a good time discovering their music. I mean, look at all my Astro cuties in this video below:
Hands down, this song is so good and their sharp dance moves and synchronization are mesmerizing! Their voices are better than I remember and if I’m fangirling, I’ll have to say that I can’t decide between Rocky and Eunwoo.
Again – Astro
I’m just going to throw in this lyric video. I like to see line distributions for some strange reason and this song seems to have some of the best line distributions. I can’t imagine them switching lines at all.
Voice to the New World (mini album) – Victon
Here’s Victon’s first mini album. My favorite tracks are 1, 2, 4, and 5.
Ready (2nd mini album) – Victon
And here’s the 2nd mini album. All the songs are good but my favorite is 3. I love the way Hanse starts the song.. actually I think he starts all the songs in this album?! Seungsik and Sejun as the two main vocalists complement each other so well. I can’t identify Subin’s voice so I hope they give him a few more lines.
So Good – Taeyang
This song by Taeyang was released today so I have to put it here. Taeyang killin’ it as always.
All these songs are right up my alley. Enjoy.
Alright, you saw my Tweet. Now watch the video if you haven’t. I had to share because this song is really good.
The dance is cute, too. So watch that, too.
This song started it for me.
I’m growing fond of this one.
My favorite is Seungsik because his voice <3. This post was brought to you by ‘5 minutes before making dinner and I need to make sure you know who Victon is’. I may come back in and add more. Or I might do a whole new post if I have time to go watch their interview videos…..
Have you heard the new Winner songs? Because they are back and better than ever. I seriously love Winner so much. Kind of miss TaeHyun but it’s just going to be 4 of them and their comeback has proven that they still haven’t lost touch with their appeal.
I’m disappointed that they only came out with 2 songs in their new album Fate Number For but I’m quite sure they’ll be releasing more new music soon. I love that they made one fast song and a slow one. Their fashion concept for this comeback is not that great but who cares when their vocals are so good?
Now listen to it!! Okay, wait. Get this – they dance in this comeback!! So cute. If you have time, watch the dance practice, too.
A big Winner fan.
A lot of times this week, I felt like a lot of things were going wrong for me. I felt like I was going to see the doctor too many times and that obviously wasn’t a good feeling. I also realized how difficult it is to get certain words out of my mouth. But I’ve gotten over some of it.
Some things that were fun this week:
- Going to a fashion show, always an inspirational experience
- Volunteering for an event because who doesn’t love running around backstage and feeling important? Not to mention, I won a prize and my sister had to claim it in front of everyone under the K-pop superstar name I listed myself as. Sorry, not sorry but it was memorable and fun.
- Watching my friends dance for the event. Let’s face it: I love watching people dance. It makes me want to dance too!
- Wood carving. Who knew that could be so fun? It’s very relaxing when your carving tools are fresh and sharp. But once it starts to get blunt, all your energy will be gone just like that. It’s a new experience and I love it though.
- Answering “What is your dream job?” honestly for the first time.
- Talking to my career counselor for almost 3 hours. I love her, she’s so nice. She even made me hot chocolate.
- Finishing a super long lab report hours ahead of the deadline and completing most of it without assistance.
- Finishing one of my last few presentations for the semester. I feel like my speaking skills have somewhat improved and I am thankful for the experience even though anxiety was killing me at the beginning.
- Classmates bringing food to class.
- Bringing some tea for my professor who is facing hard times in her life and seeing her smile.
- Another class cancelled for the whole week.
- Buying a super cute pocket coloring book to bring on long flights and boring events.
Some things I hope to accomplish the coming week (who am I kidding):
- Watch more anime because priorities.
- Listen to more music.
- Go to the gym. Or at least dedicate 10 minutes a day to exercising.
- Dress better (if the weather would just get warmer).
- Finish assignments (ughhhhhhhhhhhh).
- TRY to apply for some things because the first step is so hard and I still don’t know what I want.
- Paint and make some cards.
- Eat more noodles and pasta. Lunch and dinner were vague and college-student-like this week because of homework and everything. Examples:
- 2 days of instant noodles
- Random 30-minute rice, egg and vegetable lunch
- Pita pizzas
- Half a sandwich + half a fritter + 3 dates???
- Granola bar + dates + Goldfish crackers??
- Continue being more confident in saying what I want to say (no matter how cheesy and cringe-y).
I’m missing out a bunch of stuff but thank you for making my week wonderful. Let’s stay positive and keep moving forwards!